Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Is It Just Me? I Kinda Doubt It...

For several years on my website http://www.stickwithjesus.com/ (no longer operating), I've blogged about numerous personal experiences and observations that stayed within 'religiously correct' parameters to avoid confusing or offending any Christian who might read them. I'm a God-fearing, Jesus-loving Christian myself, but I often feel confined by the etiquette Christians are posed to adhere to when discussing personal views on religious theology and modern politics.

No more! I have a personal conviction for young people today who struggle with the normalcy of doubt and confusion surrounding their Christian faith. Or, the non-believer who is repulsed at the splintered factions Christianity has become but still feels the tug of a risen Savior on the heart. The one who loves the beautiful story of promise and hope in the life of Jesus Christ but can't always see the message in His followers today.

How about religion and politics? The perplexed Christian whose political views are far from Republican and feels alienated by a two-party all-or-nothing system of governing that leaves them as well as millions of others struggling to find an identity in the current U.S. political process. Or, the revisionist history of our country that has become nearly as fractured as Christianity and caused several generations now to lose faith in the founding principles our great nation was forged.

Let's discuss them all...and much more. I love God, and I love my country. But, I also understand that God is much, much bigger than any nation, denomination, race or generation. In an open, respectful forum, I hope to bring to light a number of politically and religiously avoided topics that Christians should think about and challenge. In doing so, maybe we can expose the message of Jesus as the truth it was actually meant to be. The true message of love and acceptance the way He practiced it in His life on Earth over 2000 years ago.

Keep an open heart and mind as you read.

No comments: