Friday, October 10, 2008

Disagree without demonizing...brilliant Rick Warren...brilliant.

In case you missed the Saddleback Civil Forum in August, Rick Warren sat down with both presidential candidates and posed identical questions to each man separately. In light of the last debate this Wednesday already being twirled before the first word is actually spoken, I thought it would be refreshing to go back and look at Saddleback. The best website I found that was easy to navigate and use was on the CNN site. The link is below:

2008 Saddleback Civil Forum - Presidential Interviews

I encourage you to take the time to watch and listen. Rick doesn't go for a 'gotcha' moment, and both candidates seem relaxed and open. There are clear differences between the two in political policy ideology and views on the role of the President. Base your decision on those differences and not on mendacious junk emails that are circulated without personal consequence.

The 2008 Presidential election is too important for our country.

4 comments:

Lula! said...

I agree. Even though Rick Warren gets on my nerves. I say that in the love of the Lord, but he tends to sugarcoat things far too much. That just ain't me. Call me intolerant, but I roll like Jesus!

Tony C said...

Keep on rolling Lulu, that's what I love about your blog!

Z said...

I don't know, Tony....I like your sentiment, and I don't think we should hate, but a little demonizing Obama feels good to me once in a while (God forgive me!!!)

I'm with Lula! on this one..!!!!Zzx

and I think part of the relaxed stance of the candidates was that they weren't facing each other!!?

My favorite part of that interview (and I thought they were VERY well done, by the way, regardless of my feelings about Warren), was afterwards, when mcCain had done so well so the Obama people said he had the questions ahead of time and that he was playing to the crowd. Only Obama fans would float that ballooon when EVERYBODY knows that McCain knew MILLIONS were also watching on television!!

there I go demonizing again. sorry!!

Z said...

you nailed it at my site, Tony C...great remark . You put in one sentence what I had a whole blog to say! I mentioned that at my blog in the comments. VERY good thinking..great point, thanks