Wednesday, October 22, 2008

More stimulus rebate checks? My poor great,great grandchildren...literally.

I'm sure like most average Americans, I was glad to see a little of the income taxes I payed returned to me this year. Sure, I made cracks around the office and at church about how happy China must be that the U.S. borrowed money from them to give back to the people, so they could buy more stuff from, well, from China. In the end though, I did what the President asked me to do with my money (again) and bought a sofa and a few other nice things. I didn't squirrel it away in my savings or dump it in my portfolio...it just seemed unpatriotic to spend my money, sorry, the stimulus rebate check that way.

Now, here we go again in Washington. 'What was a great idea once must be a second time.' If it works with atomic weapons (i.e. Hiroshima and Nagasaki), surely it works with economic issues. Hmmmm.

Okay, a hyperbole at best...but the result could end up about the same. 'Screaming, burning Asian people running through what was once streets?' No, but a few of the screams could come from Asian/Americans running after being burnt on Wall Street...along with everyone else...as we continue to amass more and more debt.

Hey Washington, keep the check and apply it to the National debt. While you're at it, why don't you cut federal spending about 6% or so (to start). We'll all be a lot better off in the long run if we do that instead of making a $1 trillion deficit... $1.3 trillion.

By the way, I mean no disrespect to the Japanese or Asians in general, and my sofa was from North Carolina .

No comments: