Tuesday, July 26, 2011

To celebrate #250...Tony C's Top Ten Favorite Things in Life.

.


You've got to be kidding me!!





According to Blogger, this is my 250th blog post on Tony C Today. While I've had a number of issues with my hosting site through the years, I'll assume their count is in the ballpark +/-10. That sounds about right to me anyway...

Thinking back to September 2, 2008, I've mused a lot of...well...stuff in those near three years. I'm being nice and not using a potty word that also starts with an 's' there in case you're wondering. It's all about the kids these days.

So how do I celebrate this milestone? While I'm not even close to the posting promiscuity of say a David Johndrow or Matt Appling, I've plugged along with a pish-posh of anecdotes, political opinions and New Age bashings that quite frankly makes me swell with pride...or maybe that's just the cucumbers I had for lunch causing that effect. Nonetheless! I'm going to commemorate the occasion with a list! Yes, that's right...a list!

Today, I give you Tony C's Top Ten Favorite Things in Life. I'm leaving off the obvious, presumed answers like God, Mrs. Tony C, family and Double Stuffed Oreos in order to provide you with a deeper (maybe more disturbing) look into the things I just couldn't live without...or at least wouldn't really want to live without. Drum roll please...

1. Humor- Giggles, chuckles, snorters or tear-producing belly laughs are an essential part of my life. I'm convinced without a daily dose of humor coming from somewhere...I'd have stroked out years ago. Now that's not funny.

2. Lonesome Dove DVD- If I had to pick one single show to watch the rest of my life, Captains Augustus McCrae and Woodrow Call would fit the bill. Larry McMurty wrote a masterpiece that transcends time... and apparently female taste. I often watch and recite alone.

3. Internet- Hi, my names Tony C, and I'm an information addict. Acknowledgement is the first step in recovery, but I can't seem to get past step one. Let me just google 12 steps...

4. ESPN Smartphone App- Guys...need I say more? I could care less about talking to anyone on my smartphone as long as I can get scores, breaking news and the latest on the Favre comeback watch.

5. Porcelain- Okay. This one falls in the been there, done without it, T-shirt cliche. Not only am I very fond of clean porcelain in a warm room, I'm a home-field advantage kinda guy too. Call it my personal sanctuary.

6. Stupid People- I love 'em! Not just in the Mark 12:31 kinda way either. Not only do stupid people provide me with a near constant source of entertainment (see #1), I'm not into that whole being an army of one thing. I'd get so lonely...

7. Fresh Fruit- While I'm particular to the reds (strawberries, cherries and watermelon), I've not found a fruit I didn't like. However, I'm not that fond of raspberries...but I think that's a spelling thing.

8. Phil Rudd- Yes. I know Neil Peart (Rush) is the greatest to ever pick up a set of sticks, but Phil (AC/DC) proved to so many of us normal drum pounders that a strong back beat with a heavy bass foot is as good as gold. For those about to rock, we salute you!

9. Seinfeld Reruns- I truly don't think I could carry on a conversation without a Seinfeldism or at least one episode reference. It would just be yada, yada, yada.

10. Ryan Reynolds- Nope. I'm not elaborating on this one...but trust me, I have my reasons.


Thanks for reading my...stuff!

.

2 comments:

David-FireAndGrace said...

Totally Tony! Love reading your stuff!

Anonymous said...

Tells us more about the Ryan Reynolds thing. That should be interesting.